Friday, June 27, 2014

wait. *I* have hair.

I'm trying to design. My face is something familiar but still foreign if I look closely. I can see why people do 'warm-up' sketches. To observe sometimes daunting but if it's your face you're observing it's less so. Because I'm used to seeing my own face it seems 'easier' but I'm not sure if it really is. There's something to be said about how comfortable we think we are when attempting something. There's no reason I shouldn't attempt anything. Because my face could've been anyone's face, and there are literally billions of iterations of faces, infinite possibilities in drawing medium, not to mention subject matter, approach, format... but I have fun doing it, whatever it happens to be. What a world that I can choose to draw a few shaved monkeys in wigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment